Hip-Hop Poet Saul Williams Covers U2 Anthem

Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 by Flickr Music


Spoken-word musician/poet Saul Williams recently took on U2's 1983 epic 'Sunday Bloody Sunday.' Williams paid tribute to the veteran group with his own earthy rendition of the noble arena anthem, with the production help of Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor.

Being a longtime fan of the Irish quartet, Williams tells Spinner, "This is my favorite U2 song of all time. I first heard it while I was an exchange student to Brazil in my junior year of high school. I wasn't familiar with the massacre in Ireland that the song refers to, but I easily aligned it with my experience as an African-American and recognized it as a revolutionary song."

Download Album Here

0 Responses to "Hip-Hop Poet Saul Williams Covers U2 Anthem":