Kate Nash Picks Up the Pace

Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 by Flickr Music


Anglophiles are certainly familiar with Kate Nash, the young singer-songwriter who went from Internet sensation to scoring a No. 1 album in the U.K. with her effort, 'Made of Bricks.' It also didn't hurt that admirer Lily Allen moved Nash into her top eight friends on MySpace. When Nash made her American debut playing a string of NYC shows a couple of months back, she got to see first hand the results of cyber stardom.

"I've never played music and done press here [yet] people know who I am and there's awareness. It's really incredible," Nash tells Spinner. "It just speeds things up and you have to be up for the pace of it."

While Nash is more than up for the pace, she admits that there were some nerves coming Stateside, something she'll be doing much more of in the new year when she kicks off a U.S. tour in January. "I was nervous doing my shows 'cause I was like, 'God, are they just looking at me going, "What the hell is this weird English girl going on about?"' she says. "In my head, they can't really know who I am. I do gigs in London now and I'm very comfortable. It's like I'm being taken out of the bath and thrown in a cold shower. I've got to keep up and start again."

0 Responses to "Kate Nash Picks Up the Pace":