IFLTS: 'You Can't Touch the Untouchable,' The Big Sleep

Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 by Flickr Music


You Can't Touch the Untouchable,' The Big Sleep
From 2006's 'Son of the Tiger'

Simply put, no band has ever made me want to be in a band more than Brooklyn's the Big Sleep. Much like the White Stripes or Viva Voce, the Sleep, while admittedly a man up, manage to create an absurd amount of noise with only three (might I add rather diminutive) individuals -- all of whom are sharply skilled and bring a mildly ironic joy to performing their dark, psych rock.

This particular (strictly instrumental) song off their debut album, 'Son of the Tiger,' made me finally realize two things for which I'm a total sucker (besides lanky, cynical dudes, of course): 1) slow, ultra-groovin' basslines and 2) dramatic pauses. Oh, and lipstick-red bass guitars. Who am I kidding? It's all deadly.
Download Album Here

0 Responses to "IFLTS: 'You Can't Touch the Untouchable,' The Big Sleep":