Pete Rock Makes His Solo Return, Proclaiming Himself 'NY's Finest'

Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 by Flickr Music


Legendary Big Apple producer Pete Rock is readying his 'NY's Finest' LP, opening the next chapter in the solo career of this underrated hip-hop kingpin from the Bronx. Lines like "More bars than Alcatraz, call me the Rock," on 'Till I Retire' prove Rock still has his chops. It's safe to say that modesty is not exactly a problem for this critical figure in hip-hop history. "I called it ['NY's Finest'] because I feel like that's me. I'm one of New York's finest producers," Rock says. The double disc features collaborations with some of Rock's disciples, including Raekwon and Masta Killa, Papoose, Jim Jones, Little Brother and Redman, and Rock paid tribute to the Godfather of Soul with a photo of James Brown incorporated into the album art of this mostly self-produced long player. Keep reading for MP3s from the forthcoming album.

0 Responses to "Pete Rock Makes His Solo Return, Proclaiming Himself 'NY's Finest'":